Wednesday, January 11

Man the NBA sucks

We all know this already, but I just want to reiterate how true it is. I typically don't watch much pro basketball outside of the Sixers, unless there's a particularly interesting game on, but I caught a couple minutes of some crappy Western Conference game, and I was really just kind of shocked. I had been watching UNC play Virginia Tech, and Wisconsin play Minnesota, and it actually seemed like there was a downgrade in talent from the college games to the pro game. Now obviously that isn't true, but man, the NBA is horrible. I don't know if I've ever seen a larger group of millionaires caring less about what they're doing than the NBA. There are a few exceptions (the Pistons and the Suns), but other than these teams, you can watch the players who don't have the ball stand around with their thumbs up their asses, and you can even pay money to go see it live! I've always liked college basketball more than the pros, typically due to rivalries and kids who desperately want to win, but now I like college ball more because it's just better basketball.

Someone convince me otherwise.

No comments: