Tuesday, August 15

THE RETURN OF MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL


Ok, the actual football part of the game last night is not at all what I was interested in, even though I secretly root for the Vikings, a little bit.

No, I was more interested in what my main man Tony Kornheiser had to say. And to be honest with you, I wasn't particularly impressed. Not disappointed mind you, but not impressed. We've all seen him on PTI, and maybe you've read his columns in the Washington Post or heard his radio show. But I was very curious to see how he did with live TV that would be watched by millions. We all know how the third man on MNF can shoot himself in the foot (i.e. Dennis Miller's dumbass), but I certainly have more hope for the bald man who doesn't fly. They created a few little segments to make sure he got time on the mic, but for the most part it was Tirico and Theismann (who I don't like at all). But I think he'll get better as the season goes on, and I'm looking forward to it.

Not to mention they moved the starting time up to 8:00 pm, which is great for dudes like me that fall asleep early.

No comments: